[eDebate] The 2006 Glenbrooks

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Sat Nov 4 14:38:01 CST 2006

The 2006 Glenbrooks will be held on the North Shore of Chicago on November
18-20.  As always, the co-directors would like to cordially invite college
directors to utilize this weekend as a recruitment weekend and as a weekend
to enjoy comradery with your high school coaching colleagues.   We are
expecting over 1800 competitors from 41 states this year.  GBN will be
hosting VCX and Public Forum.  GBS will be hosting VLD, the younger CX
divisions, and Student Congress. New Trier - Northfield will be the site of
our Individual Events competition.

Elimination rounds on Monday will be at our primary tournament host hotel,
The Hyatt-Deerfield.

Our tournament invitation can be found at:
http://gbs.glenbrook.k12.il.us/SAO/clubs/debate/glenbrooks.html with names
and phone numbers of our tournament hotels.  Although most of our tournament
hotels are full, there are still a few rooms to be had at a couple of our
overflow locations.

If you are attending the tournament as a guest and would be interested in
donating a round or two to the judging pool, please let me know so we can
add you to our strike sheet.

I know many of you are attending already as judges and coaches for high
school programs.  As always, we look forward to a fantastic weekend of
competition and collegiality!

Best,
Tara Tate
Director, Glenbrook South HS