[eDebate] Appstate Update

Nicole nicole.colston
Tue Nov 7 10:52:15 CST 2006

*Hello Everyone- *

*We are excited to be hosting you and your teams this weekend.  If you will
be arriving in time to hike with us (Fri. 12-3), please send our assistant
and hike leader John Stewart (**JonStewart at rocketmail.com)** an e-mail so
that he may know to expect you!  We will be meeting at the High Country Inn
at noon.  We have a beautiful drive, very short hike to a big river, and a
bonfire planned.*

* *

*Below you will find helpful info- maps, directions, schedules, weather
forecast, and office supplies.  *

*Happy Travels- Nicole*
**
*Registration*:  Friday, November 10th, 3:00-5:00 pm, Raley Hall 2nd Floor
lobby

*Contact*: Nicole Colston, office (828) 262-7366, cell (786) 252-1979

*Driving Directions, Parking, and Evidence Drop-off from High Country Inn to
ASU*:

1)      Turn Right out of the High Country Inn parking lot onto Hwy. 105

2)      Turn Left at third stoplight onto Blowing Rock Road/321 N toward
Appalachian State University.  Stay in the left-hand lane.

3)      At the second stoplight (by large arena center), Turn Left on River
Street

4)      Turn Right on Depot/Bodenheimer Street

5)      Turn Right onto Howard St.  Raley Hall is on your right after the
three-way stop sign.

*Driving Directions, Parking, and Evidence Drop-off from Comfort Suites to
ASU*:

1)      Turn Left out of the Comfort Suites parking lot onto Hwy. 105

2)      Turn Left at third stoplight onto Blowing Rock Road/321 N toward
Appalachian State University.  Stay in the left-hand lane.

3)      At the second stoplight (by large arena center), Turn Left on River
Street

4)      Turn Right on Depot/Bodenheimer Street

5)      Turn Right onto Howard St.  Raley Hall is on your right after the
three-way stop sign.

*Parking* is immediately on the right after turning onto Depot St. (in a
gated, gravel lot) or the large parking lot in front of Raley Hall (entrance
of River's St. and Howard St. before the three-way stop)

For *evidence drop-off*:

1)      After turning onto Depot St, take the next right onto Howard St.

2)      *Raley Hall* will be on your right after the three-way stop
intersection

* *

*2006 ASU Policy Debate Schedule:*

*Friday, November 10th*

Noon - 3:00 p.m.         Mountaineer Hike (Join us for a short hike with
amazing views!)

3:00 - 5:00 p.m.           Registration (2nd Floor Lobby of Raley Hall)

5:00 - 7:00 p.m.           Round I (closed parking lots open at 5:00 pm)

7:30 - 9:30 p.m.           Round II

*Saturday, November 11th*

8:30 - 10:30a.m.          Round III

11:00 - 1:00 p.m.         Round IV

1:00 - 2:00 p.m.           Lunch Break

2:30 ? 4:30 p.m.          Round V

5:00 - 7:00 p.m.           Round VI

7:30 ? 9:30 p.m.          Octofinals (If necessary)

*Sunday, November 12th*

8:30 - 9:00 a.m.           Awards Assembly

9:30 - 11:30 a.m.         Debate Quarterfinals or Semifinals

12:00 - 2:00 p.m.         Debate Semifinals or Finals

2:30 - 4:30 p.m.           Debate Finals (If they have not already occurred

*Office Supplies/Copies*:

STAPLES

(828) 263-0551

1275 Blowing Rock Rd (From Hotel, go right at the Wendy's Intersection)

Boone, NC, 28607

*Hours of Operation*:

Fri. 8am-8pm

Sat. 9am-8pm

Sun. 12pm-6pm

*Photocopies*- 10 cents per pages (black and white, single-sided)

*Belk Library (on ASU campus):*

Fri. 7:30 am-9:00pm

Sat. 10:00am-6:00pm

Sun. 12:30 pm-1:00am

10 cent photocopies available on the Bottom Floor and Third Floor

*Registration Location*:

Friday, November 10th, 3:00-5:00 pm, *Raley Hall* 2nd Floor lobby

**
**
*Notice concerning Elimination Rounds and Prefs:*

We will do partial-Octos for the novice division, breaking 10 teams.  Awards
will be given for all out-rounds and 1st-10th speaks for all divisions.  We
will NOT use mutual preference.

**
**
*Map and Directions*:

*Campus Map:*

http://www.web.appstate.edu/maps/

*Parking Map:*

http://www.busaf.appstate.edu/parking/pkmpKLt60514.jpg

* *

*Hotel Addresses:*

The *High Country Inn* is located at 1785 NC Highway 105, Boone, NC 28607.  An
excellent landmark is the large waterwheel at the hotel entrance.

The *Comfort Suites* is located at 1184 Hwy 105, Boone, NC 28607.

**
**
*Hiking Info*:

We will be meeting at 12:00 noon at the High Country Inn to hike. Please
join us!

The hike is moderate, takes about 30-45 minutes roundtrip, and will take us
to a beautiful river.  Boone is sometimes chilly, so dress in layers.  Carry
a water bottle and bring a camera!

Please let me know if we should be expecting you by Noon and want to join
us, Nicole.Colston at gmail.com or my cell (786)252-1979

*Boone Weather Forecast*-

HI 66, LOW 42

Showers on Sunday