[eDebate] 2007-2008 CEDA Topic Selection Open Meetings

Gordon Stables stables
Tue Nov 7 16:01:16 CST 2006

I would like to take the opportunity to remind everyone of a couple of
upcoming opportunities to discuss potential topics for 2007-2008 and the
topic process. I will be hosting or attending the following public
meetings. I encourage any student, coach, or interested party to attend.
The goal of all of these sessions is to raise awareness about the
current topic efforts underway and to gain insight into potential new
directions for topic proposals.

If you cannot make either of these sessions, please contact me directly.
I am also posting this information, as with all topic related
information, to the CEDA topic website www.cedatopic.com
<http://www.cedatopic.com/> At this site you can currently view the list
of topic proposals being investigated as well as learn about the process.

Thanks again.

Gordon Stables

Chair, CEDA Topic Selection Committee

1) Open Forum at Wake Forest University

The night before the Wake Forest ?Shirley? Tournament begins we are
pleased to have an meeting at the Tournament Hotel (The Sundance) from
7:00 ? 8:30 pm. The specific room information will be available at the
front desk.

2) NCA ? CEDA Business Meeting

This is the formal CEDA business meeting run by the CEDA leadership, but
I will be available at this session to provide input at the topic
process and current efforts. This session is Friday Nov 17 - 12:30pm -
1:45pm at the Marriott Riverwalk - Bowie Room.

3) NCA - CEDA Topic Selection Meeting

This session, originally titled CEDA ? China Topic Redux, is a forum
solely devoted to discussing topic options for 2007-08. Despite the
early hour, I invite you to come and consider potential topics. This
session is Saturday, November 18 from 8:00 am ? 9:15 at Hilton, La Duquesa.

--

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.

Director of Debate

Annenberg School for Communication

University of Southern California

Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913

http://usctrojandebate.com
 <http://usctrojandebate.com>