[eDebate] Appstate Update #2

Nicole nicole.colston
Thu Nov 9 14:20:09 CST 2006

Hi Everyone-  Thank you for supporting our 67th debate tournament at ASU.  I
am excited to see all the smiling faces! I have a few important notes:

1) The gated parking lots do not open until 5:00 pm on Friday.  During
registration on Fri. 3-5, please enter the Raley Parking Lot from the Howard
St. Entrance, where volunteers will be available to let you into the parking
lot.  All parking lots should be open on Sat and Sun.

2) We will be hiking to the Watauga River and munching on s'mores by the
campfire for the hike this year.  We will meet at the High Country Inn on
Friday at 12:00 noon and return by 3:00pm.  I am expecting Miami, Vandy,
Kansas State, and James Madison.  Please e-mail me if you are planning to
attend, but are not on this list.

3) The following is the finalized tournament schedule (assuming no more
drops):

Awards will be given for all out-rounds and 1st-10th speaks for all
divisions.  We will NOT use mutual preference.  We will break brand new
(never competed) novice AppState teams.

*2006 ASU Policy Debate Schedule:*

*Friday, November 10th*

Noon - 3:00 p.m.         Mountaineer Hike (Join us for a short hike)

3:00 - 5:00 p.m.           Registration (2nd Floor Lobby of Raley Hall)

5:00 - 7:00 p.m.           Round I (closed parking lots open at 5:00 pm)

7:30 - 9:30 p.m.           Round II

*Saturday, November 11th*

8:30 - 10:30a.m.          Round III

11:00 - 1:00 p.m.         Round IV

1:00 - 2:00 p.m.           Lunch Break ($7 Mealcards for Welbourne and
Trivette)

2:30 ? 4:30 p.m.           Round V

5:00 - 7:00 p.m.           Round VI

*Sunday, November 12th*

8:30 - 9:00 a.m.            Awards Assembly

9:30 - 11:30 a.m.         Open Partial-Quarters, JV Semifinals, Novice
Quarterfinals

12:00 - 2:00 p.m.         Open Semifinals, JV Finals, Novice Semifinals

2:30 - 4:30 p.m.           Open Finals, Novice Finals

**