[eDebate] Montee elected State Auditor

Darren Elliott delliott
Thu Nov 9 22:39:28 CST 2006

We are pleased to announce that the voters of Missouri chose Susan Montee (D) to be their new State Auditor.  Susan takes over the position once held by newly elected Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill (D).

Susan is also the mother of KCKCC debaters Amanda and Andy Montee.  Susan and her husband were damn good D3 debaters as well back in the day.  Susan received more votes than any candidate in any of the elections (including more than either Talent or McCaskill).  Political insiders say she could threaten the Senate seat of Kit Bond (R) in the future.  I joked with Amanda during our TOC qualifier that the things being written prior to the election were pretty good mid-term cards against her mom and wondered if she'd vote on a disad saying "your mom bad juhdge".

We are just excited Susan won!!  She deserved it as did the citizens of Missouri.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP