[eDebate] The Harker School, March 2-4

Carol Green carolg
Fri Nov 24 20:29:32 CST 2006

7 th Annual Harker Invitational,
The Howard & Diana Nichols TOC Qualifying Tournament at the Finals Level in
Policy and Lincoln-Douglas Debate
March 2-4, 2007, San Jose, CA.
Lincoln-Douglas Round Robin begins March 1.

Dear Colleagues:

On Friday, March 2 through Sunday, March 4, Harker High School will host the
7th Annual Harker Invitational - a national debate tournament that offers
Varsity Lincoln-Douglas and Varsity Policy divisions. We are happy to
announce that Varsity Policy and Lincoln-Douglas debate finalists will once
again receive a TOC-qualifying leg.

We will also offer one division of Public Forum Debate and Student Congress
and novice divisions of both policy and LD debate.

Harker High School is located in San Jose , California , just 10 minutes
from nearby San Jose International Airport and 35 minutes from San Francisco
International. We offer a very competitive tournament, good food, and a fine
set of awards, viz., speaker awards for both LD and Policy debaters,
elimination round trophies, and sweepstakes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).

2006 Sweepstakes Winner: Lynbrook High School
2006 Varsity CX Debate Champion: The Head Royce School
2006 Lincoln-Douglas Champion: Mountain View High School

We are pleased to announce the San Jose Sheraton as our tournament hotel.
Please click on the following link to make your reservations: San Jose
Sheraton
(http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0610055047&key=703E9)
 <http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0610055047&key=703
E9> A block of suites has been reserved for the tournament at the low cost
of $84 per night. High speed Internet service is also offered at no
additional cost. We will once again offer a limited number of complimentary
student housing spaces for competitors traveling over 100 miles to the
tournament. Sign up early as these spaces fill up quickly. Student housing
requests must be received no later than February 14th.

Additional information can be received by e-mailing Matthew Brandstetter,
Director of Forensics, at matthewb at harker.org  <mailto:matthewb at harker.org>
or leaving a message at 408-345-9235 .

We look forward to seeing you on the West Coast this spring. We will do our
best to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.

Sincerely,

Matthew F. Brandstetter, Ed.D.                          Carol Green
Director of Forensics                                         Individual
Events/MUN Coordinator

Rick Brundage                                                  AJ Merton
Lincoln-Douglas/Mock Trial                                 Policy Debate