[eDebate] New Debate Movie

Bob Jordan bobjordan
Thu Nov 30 18:25:16 CST 2006

I would be surprised if it looks like policy debate as we know it. I did a
little poking around. My write-up is online:

http://pfdebate.com/2006/11/30/debate-and-rocket-science/

Bob Jordan

  _____

From: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com
[mailto:edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com] On Behalf Of Duane Hyland
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:16 AM
To: Edebate at ndtceda.com
Subject: [eDebate] New Debate Movie

Hi, Was looking over the submissions list for Sundance today and saw that
this movie is going to be debuted in the Drama Section:

ROCKET SCIENCE (Director and Screenwriter: Jeffrey Blitz) -- A 15-year-old
boy from New Jersey with a stuttering problem falls in love with the star of
the debate team and finds himself suddenly immersed in the ultra-competitive
world of debating. World premiere.

Does anyone know anything about this movie? Is it policy debate?

Duane

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion and only one person were of
the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that
person that he, if he had the power, would be in silencing mankind. If the
opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error
for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the
clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by  its
collision with error." John S. Mill

"Have a Cluckity, Cluck, Cluck Day"

  _____

Everyone is raving about the