[eDebate] Novice Debate Tournament at The University of Florida

GatorDebate at aol.com GatorDebate
Fri Oct 6 18:24:50 CDT 2006

Greetings,

UF will be hosting a Novice debate scrimmage with Florida State University
on Friday and Saturday, December 1-2.  Right now it is just a scrimmage but  if
there is any interest, we can turn this into a full blown novice  tournament.
 THIS IS NOT replacing our spring tournament.  It is just  providing a novice
only/novice focused debate opportunity.  If anyone out  there is interested,
let me know ASAP so that I can secure rooms, find a hotel  and get things set
up.  We would also allow Varsity debaters to judge so if  coaches are looking
for a tournament for their novices and they don't feel like  all
traveling/judging, this might be the place for you.  Let me know.

frank
gator debate

Frank P.  Irizarry
Debate Coach/Lecturer/Doctoral Student
University of  Florida
Center for Written and Oral Communication
413 Rolfs Hall
PO Box  112032
Gainesville, FL 32611-2032
Tel: 352-392-5421 (Office)
Tel:  386-216-3193 (Cell)
Fax: 352-392-5420
Gatordebate at aol.com

"Then I  got myself a factory job, I ran an old machine
And I bought a little cottage  in a neighborhood serene
And every night when I'd come home with every muscle  sore
She'd drag me through the streets of Baltimore
Well I did my best to  bring her back to what she used to be
Then I soon learned she loved those  bright lights more than she loved me
Now I'm a going back on that same train  that brought me here before
While my baby walks the streets of  Baltimore"
- Gram Parsons, "Streets of  Baltimore"