[eDebate] Brad Smith Debate Tournament Results

Kate Baxter-Kauf katebaxterkauf
Mon Oct 16 21:34:26 CDT 2006

Sorry about the late posting - I think I'm just finally recovering.

Brad Smith Debate Tournament Results - October 14/15/2006.

*Novice Division:*

Top Ten Speakers:
10. Paul Schaefer, Vermont
9. Beth Kublin, Cornell
8. Ross Saxton, Bard
7. Barbie Hsu, Cornell
6. Tyler Solloway, Cornell
5. Ishani Vellodi, Rochester
4. Mandy Frank, Vermont
3. Amanda Vissering, Bard
2. Max Stahl, Bard
1. Henry Zeng, Cornell

Octafinals:
Bard Saxton/Vissering advanced without debating
Bard Given/Stahl advanced without debating
WVU Funk/Pino advanced without debating
Vermont Frank/Grodin advanced without debating
Bard Brancely/Fleming defeated Cornell Solloway/Patel (Rubino, Naik, Nelson)
Cornell Kublin/Min defeated Vermont Kong/Falcey (Merkle, Patrice, *Gunther)
Vermont Bauman/Rodolfo defeated New School Savain/Zeitlin (McDaniel,
*Harrison, Zisman)
Vermont Goldschneider/Murphy-Hall advanced over Vermont Collins/Schaefer

Quarterfinals:
Vermont GM defeated Bard SV (Langone, Sondey, *Scrocca)
Bard GS defeated Vermont BR (Rubino, Nelson, Stiffney)
Cornell KM defeated WVU FP (*Montano, Miller, Khan)
Vermont FG defeated Bard BF (Harrison, Patrice, *McDaniel)

Semifinals:
Vermont GM advanced over Vermont FG
Cornell KM defeated Bard GS (Johnson, Register, Hines)

Finals:
Cornell KM defeated Vermont GM (Khan, Keenan, G. Miller)

*JV Division:* We collapsed the JV and Open divisions, but had a breakout
final and recognized the top three speakers.

Top Three Speakers:
3. Michael Stark, WVU
2. Candice Williams, Cornell
1. Julian Letton, Bard

Finals:
Army Harpen/Kalin defeated CUNY Gladstone/Pimble

*Open Divison:*

Top Ten Speakers:
10. Stephanie Hoffman, Cornell
9. Jacon Mayer, Vermont
8. Matt Kalin, USMA
7. Henry Harpen, USMA
6. Leslie Keller, Vermont
5. Chris Kozak, Marist
4. Ashlee Vega, CUNY
3. Casey Keyes, USMA
2. Colby Horowitz, USMA
1. Nicholas Tyler Landsman-Roos, Vermont

Octafinals:
Vermont Mayer/Landsman-Roos advances without debating
Vermont Keller/Kimerer advances without debating
CUNY Allen/Messina advances without debating
USMA Linford/Sullivan advances without debating
Bard Cornell/Letton advances without debating
Marist Kozak/Thong defeated CUNY Ortiz/Povazhuk (Thomas, Varghese Webster)
CUNY BV defeated USMA QW (Boggs, Dorsey, *Lai)
USMA HoK defeated Cornell Barry Hoffman (Hines, Knops, Keenan)

Quarterfinals:
Vermont ML defeated USMA HoK (Lai, Varghese, *Keenan)
Vermont KK defeated CUNY BV (Maritato, Zisman, Webster)
CUNY AM defeated Marist KT (*Davis, Register, Hines)
Bard CL defeated USMA LS  (Knops, Thomas, Dorsey)

Semifinals:
Vermont ML defeated Bard CL (Keenan, Webster, *Patrice)
CUNY AM defeated Vermont KK (*Davis, Varghese, Thomas)

Finals
Vermont ML defeated CUNY AM (* K. Johnson, M. Baxter-Kauf, Thomas)