[eDebate] Important Harvard Tournament Announcements

Dallas Perkins dperkins
Wed Oct 25 09:51:48 CDT 2006

Greetings.

We look forward to seeing many of you in about 55 hours in Cambridge.  The
trees are changing to vivid colors, and the smells wafting out of Sherry's
kitchen are just as vivid and enticing.

You may not have noticed, but debateresults.com is experiencing some
technical difficulties.  This has several implications for us.  First, we
have no access to data entered on the site after noon on Monday.  And of
course, last minute changes will be difficult or impossible.  Therefore,
ALL LATE CHANGES, including any you made since noon on Monday, NEED TO BE
SENT BY EMAIL TO DALLAS AND STEFAN, whose addresses appear above.

The second issue will of course be judge prefs, with which we have decided
to dispense altogether.  OK, I guess not.  Assuming debateresults gets up
and running, we will have prefs live by 9PM this evening, and prefs will
be due by 2PM EST on Friday.  However, if debateresults is still
problematic, we will have to resort to alternate means.  Perhaps Stefan
will send out an email, perhaps paper sheets at registration (yuk!)  Since
the email function at debateresults seems to be part of the problem, we
may have to use this space to communicate with you, so keep an eye on
edebate.

The last issues regard hospitality.  The weather, especially on Saturday,
looks to be slightly inclement.  In particular, lunch, if we can do it
outside, will likely be a bit chilly.  So bring some warm clothes for that
day.

Sherry has ambitiously planned to prepare the following treats for your
enjoyment.

Menu:

Saturday October 28, 2006

Breakfast: (Subject to Weather)

Fruit

Bagels & Cream Cheese

Pastries

OJ & Coffee

Lunch:  Italian Feast

Antipasti:

Meat and Cheese Tray, Spinach and Ricotta Balls, Bruschetta, (Vegan)  Marinated Veggies (Vegan)

Caesar Salad

Soups:

Pasta Fagiole & Pumpkin Soup (Vegan)

Pasta:

Smoked salmon in cream sauce with tomatoes and peas over rigatoni

Swordfish in a Mediterranean sauce with capers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes over ravioli

Stuffed Shells with Ricotta & Spinach and tomato sauce

Stuffed Shells with Ricotta, Spinach, and Prosciutto in Bolognese sauce

Anger hair flan

Eggless pasta in Arribiata Sauce (Vegan)

Dessert:

Biscotti, almond cookies

Sunday October 29, 2006

Breakfrast:

Fruit

Sausage, Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits

Pumpkin Bread

OJ & Coffee

Lunch:

Hummos Rollups with swordfish, without (vegan)

Sessa's Italian sandwiches: Italian Subs, Turkey & Swiss, Italian Cheese & Veggie

Salads:

Toasted corn with jalapeno vinaigrette (vegan)

Tunisian carrot salad (vegan)

Spicy red potato salad with chipotle crema

Sesame Noodle Salad

Dessert:

Cookies

Party:

Smoked salmon w/sour cream dill sauce

Bluefish pate with crostini

Hummos, Baba Ghanouj, pita chips (vegan)

Apples & Brie, Pears & Gorgonzola

Mussles w/ Avacado & Wasabi aioli

Salmon Roulades

Tuna tartare rollups