[eDebate] Wayne St Motor City Classic Updates & Check your entries

kelly young kel1773
Thu Oct 26 08:17:09 CDT 2006

Hello everyone,

***We have MANY MANY uncovered rounds due to an overload in hired judging
requests. This in combo with a judge pref system is creating tremendous
burden on the tournament. I am crossing my fingers on getting a few last
minute hired judges, but I could use ANY volunteers who might have a round
or two to offer for hire. We are struggling to meet the rounds we need
without any flexibility in the pool right now. Please help us out if you
can.

1. JUNIOR VARISTY: At this point, we only have 8 entries in JV--two of which
are from one school. To avoid collapsing the division, we will drop the
number of prelim rounds to 6, going to Semis in Round 7 and Finals round 8.

**This change may effect the number of judging rounds you are required. We
are adjusting your entries to reflect this (see below on the list of teams).
If you have hired judging to cover your commitments with a school other than
us, please work out with them any changes to payment that this might create.

2. NOVICE: We have 14 entries with two teams from Wayne ineligible for
outrounds. We will have a partial Quarters during Round 7 (two possible
debates), Semis Round 8 with the finals on Monday morning.

3. OPEN. We have 35 entries at the moment. We would put in an entry of our
own to remove the bye, but I have no spare judges to cover the commitment.
Thus, we will have a bye. With this number and clearing at 50%, we would
clear 17 teams, causing a partial doubles consisting of one debate Monday
morning. This would waste everyone's time. We are using the ADA exemption to
stop this situation and will just clear to a full Octas. We apologize in
advance to the 17th seed.

4. Judge Prefs: as noted above, we are still working out/finalizing hired
judging. As a result, we will release the pref sheets at registration. As
per ADA rules, the prefs won't go into effect until Round 3. Please return
the pref sheets at registration or Saturday morning to the ballot table.

5. Entry via DebateResults is now closed. If you have any changes, send them
directly to me at kel1773 at msn.com.

Below are the entries and judging I have so far. If there are any errors,
please report them directly to me as soon as possible.

CASE WESTERN:
Open
Michael Rudick & Andrew Wolf
Nick Denissen & Justin Wijhelm

JV:
David Mattern & Zack Martin
Karim Noijain & Bruce Shporkin

Novice:
Haley Brickner & Leah Dodson
Rachel Jackson & Jenna Levaroff

Judges:
Kristie Cramer 8
Sap Basu 8
Hired 4

GEORGIA STATE
Chris Pozzi & Joel Lemuel

Judge: Paul Mabrey 4

ILLINOIS:
Varsity:
Crime Asonye & Eric Ranz

JV:
Wayne Hybrid Mike Acevedo & Joey Kesling

Judge:
Tim Glass 7

JOHN CARROLL:
Open:
Sean McClure & Brian Smith

JV:
Andy Labuza & Chris Schroeder

Novice:
Jane Killian & Anthony Miranda
Rachel Cope & Brain Brossmann

Judges:
Elizabeth Wiley 6
Tasha Forchione 7

KENTUCKY
Open:
Mike Gentile & Angelo Theodosopoulos
Dan Diamond & Colton Gilbert
Hannah Alsgaard & Sunset Gautam

Novice:
Phil Anderson & Byron Mitchell

Judging:
Roger Solt 7
Jon Sharp 8

LOUISVILLE
Open:
Richard Funches & Marian Kennedy
Brain Holt & Mary Mudd
Aaron Price & Rosie Washington

Judge:
Daryl Burch 8
Tiffany Dillard 4

MIAMI OHIO
Open:
Drew Wallenstein & Jon Gair
Mike Jensen & Bree Novak
Ilya Galperin & Matt Young

Judges:
Ben Voth 4
Austin Carson 4
Matt Gayetsky 4

MICHIGAN STATE:
Open:
Jeremy Hammon & Abby Schirmer
Caitlin Ryan & Athena Murray
Owen Valley & Sam Shore
Gustavo Eyzaguirre & Carly Wunderlich
Debbie Lai & Varsha Ramakrishnan

Judges:
Josh Gonzalez 7
Ryan Burke 7
Dave Strauss 6

MICHIGAN:
Open:
Jeremy Kreisberg & Alex Pasquinelli
Laura Pisarello & Athena Pappas
Erika Jerwick & Daniel Overbeek

Judge:
Walt Whitmore 8
Hired 4

NORTHERN IOWA
Open:
Brad Bybee & Michael Pham
Brady Behrens & Ian Beier

JV:
Dan Taylor & Hannah Vellinga

Judge:
Jake Thompson 6
Hired 5

NORTHWESTERN
Open:
Kate Carter & Sasha Tuzel
Mark Hammervold & Chris Robins
Jason Richard & Alex Twinem
Caitlin Bruce & Stuart Crichton

Judges:
Danielle Wiese 5
Tim Barouch 3
Hired 8

NOTRE DAME
Open:
Michael Lucien & Matt Wallace
Corey Mehlos & Logan Zoellner

JV:
Alex Green & Sean Pillai

Novice:
Natassia Kwan & Jacob Leibowitz
Mary Kate McClelland & partner from Iowa (Kortney Rupp)

Judges:
Anthony Pesce 6
Jamie Hartmann 6
Michael Weitz 2 (hired, former Wayne Debater)

SAMFORD:
Open:
Logan Gramzinski & Erin Ramsey
Nick Agnello & Clark Bowers

JV:
Josh Smith & David Williams

Judging:
Ryan Galloway 2
Hired 11 (From Weber)

WEBER STATE:
Open:
Ryan Cheek & Paul Klingensmith
Stacey Dawson & Samantha Hyde

Novice:
Michelle Johnson & Steve Pope

Judges:
Omar Guevara 7 (No round 5)
Richard Tews 8
Veronica Guevara (No round 5)
John Foy 8

IOWA
Novice:
Kortney Rupp & partner from N Dame (Mary Kate McClelland)

Judge:
Niko Poulakos 4

WESTERN ILLINOIS:
Open:
Pat Hogan & Kate Wolf

Judge:
Ilon Lauer 4

MICHIGAN DEARBORN
JV:
Angela Giertz & Sonea Norfleet

Novice:
TRB & TRB
Kurt Edelbrock & Dana Maleszyk

Judges:
Brenda Smith 8
Laura Farms 4

WAYNE STATE:
Novice:
2 entries

JV:
Joey Kesling with partner from Illinois

Judges:
Kelly Young 0
Neil Butt 0
Donny Peters 3
Erika Thomas 3
DM Boykin 6 (former Wayne State debater)
Amy Young 1-2 (formerly Amy Lewis, former Wayne debater)
Sue Wenzlaff TBD
Jay Johnson (possibly, former Wayne debater)

Kelly M. Young, Ph.D.
Director of Forensics/
Assistant Professor
Communication Department