[eDebate] missing prefs

Gary Larson Gary.N.Larson
Fri Oct 6 07:58:51 CDT 2006

With 5 hours to go we're still missing:

Augustana - 2
CSUF/MtSAC - 1
Emory - 2
Georgia - 3
Harvard - 7
Louisville - 2
Miami (FL) - 2
Michigan State - 3
Oklahoma - 1
Richmond - 2
Stanford - 1
UC-Berkeley - 4

As always, you can make modifications up until the deadline but at that
point the data will be downloaded to my computer.

I am anticipating providing a print-out tonight (by 10:00 PM roughly)
for each team that gives their ratings for each judge, the corresponding
z-score, the ordinal equivalent, and a 1-9 categorical equivalent that
uses the assumption that you would have followed the minimum quotas
(barring ties).  This will permit teams to somewhat transparently track
what is happening during the tournament.

It should be noted that due to the lack of volunteered rounds or extra
hired judging, judging will be EXCEPTIONALLY tight.  Unfortunately, this
will result in lower prefs regardless of which system was in use.
Typically, for an 8-round tournament I would burn 24 rounds +/-

At this point, I anticipate having only 9 such rounds available.  If
you are willing to volunteer a round, it is not too late to do so.