[eDebate] (no subject)

Harrison, Frank fharriso
Tue Oct 24 21:09:15 CDT 2006

Dear Colleagues:

In September, a bleeding ulcer which had been dormant for twenty years came back at me with a vengance. I was hospitalized for a week and have been recuperating at home, on medical leave, since that time. In the interim, it became clear to me that I would not be well enough to return to work for the Spring semester. As a result, I have decided to retire from the University effective December 15th.

Under the circumstances, Trinity has determined to suspend the Debate program for the remainder of the 2006-07 academic year. They will also initiate a search for a tenure track replacement for me. The objective is to have that person in place for the beginning of the 2007-08 academic year. One of the requirements for the position will be that the candidate have a Ph.D. in Speech or Communication in hand at the time of appointment.

Trinity Debate will resume in the Fall of 2007. I am told, however, that it may (not necessarily will) be in a slightly different form than has been the case to date. Its exact parameters will be discussed and decided among our Administration, the Speech side of our Department and the newly appointed Director.

Best wishes,

Frank Harrison