[eDebate] JMU Invite

Mikedavis13 at aol.com Mikedavis13
Wed Sep 6 12:45:07 CDT 2006

September 5th,  2006
Friends and Colleagues,
The James Madison  University Debate Program is pleased to invite you to the
JMU Invitational which  will be held in Harrisonburg, VA, on February 14-16,
2003. We wish to make  this year's tournament an enjoyable and competitive
experience.
There will be six  (6) preliminary rounds of open, junior varsity and novice
debate. The CEDA  resolution will be used in all divisions. The tournament
will be CEDA, NDT and  ADA sanctioned.  Entry fees will be $65.00 per team. We
expect to have a very small pool of hired  judges available please attempt to
cover your commitment.
The invitation details are enclosed with this  letter.  If you have any
questions,  please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of JMU debate, we hope to see you at  James  Madison University in
December!
Sincerely,
Michael Davis, Ph.D.
Andrew Barnes, MA
Director of Debate
Assistant Director of Debate
MSC 2106
MSC 2106
School of Comm. Studies                                             School of
Comm. Studies
James Madison  University                                             James
Madison University
(O) 540-568-7308                                                       (O)
540-568-1738
(FAX) 540-568-6059                                                  (FAX)
540-568-6059
(E-mail) davismk at jmu.edu                                           (E-mail)
barnesad at jmu.edu

Tournament  Details
AWARDS
Awards will be presented to all teams  reaching the elimination rounds.
Speaker awards will be given on the basis of  the number of entries.

JUDGES
Each school is responsible for providing  three rounds of judging for every
two debaters in the tournament, or six rounds  for every four debaters entered.
As you can imagine the number of hired judges  in the Harrisonburg area is
limited so please let us  know early if you need to hire judging. Hired judging
is available at a fee of  $25.00 per round for team debate. We would rather
have your judges than your  money.
We will use mutual preference judging as  entries permit. We anticipate at a
minimum being able to use a ranking system  (A,B,C).
CHANGES
Because alterations to teams' original  entries have the habit of occurring,
we request that you notify Michael Davis as  soon as possible. Michael may be
reached at (540) 568-7308. We can also be  reached via email at
davismk at jmu.edu.
LODGING
We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the  newly renovated Best Western
Inn of Harrisonburg (formerly the Guest House Inn).
The Best Western Inn is  located at exit 247A off of I-81.  Go east on
Highway 33?the hotel is on the right side of the road.  The phone number for the
Best Western is  540-433-6089.  The rate for 1-4  people per room is $51.00 +
tax.  This special tournament rate will be  available until Monday, Ocotber 23rd.
 When calling the Best Western Inn please ask for Gini Boyers and mention
that you are attending the JMU College Debate Tournament.
Best Western Inn of Harrisonburg
45 Burgess  Rd.
Harrisonburg, VA  22801
(540) 433-6089
Tentative Schedule
Friday, November 3rd,  2005
3:00pm?4:00pm                                              Registration?
Harrison Hall 2274
4:30pm                                                                 Round
1
6:30pm                                                                 Round
2
Saturday, November 4th,  2005
9:00am                                                           Round 3
11:00am                                                                Round
4
1:00pm                                                                 Lunch
(provided
3:00pm                                                                 Round
5
5:00pm                                                                 Round
6
9:00pm
Coaches Reception (TBA)
Sunday, November 5th,  2005
8:00am
Elimination Rounds Begin
10:00am                                                                Awards?
HARRISON 1261
11:00am
Elimination Rounds Continue