[eDebate] Gonzaga Tournament - Update

Frappier, Glen frappier
Tue Sep 12 16:20:09 CDT 2006

If you are attending the Gonzaga tournament:

1 - The pref sheets are now intialized and ready for entry on debateresults.com If you have any problems please email Greg Achten or Jon Brushke. These are due by 10pm Thursday evening.

2 - Our run of good weather during our tournament appears as though it will come to an end this week.   Expect temps ranging from the low 40's at night to the mid 60's during the day.  Chance of showers on Friday.  This is actually an upgrade from what weather.com was predicting for us, so hopefully it'll get even better as Friday draws near.  Bottom line, you might want to bring a light jacket/sweater/sweatshirt or something to keep you warm.

3 - Evidence shuttle - if you are not renting a vehicle and will need a shuttle to take your evidence to the tournament on Friday morning please email Pointer at pointer_steven at hotmail.com
As most of you attending know, you can easily walk between the hotel and the AD Building where debates will be held. Therefore, there isn't a people shuttle between those spots. However, in the event of rain the GU squad members are ready to assist in shutting folk back to the hotel.

4 - Casebook.  I don't want anyone sending casebook information before the tournament.  But we do ask that you have detailed intelligence on your aff and neg to submit electronically after the tournament begins.  Jeff Buntin is going to be spearheading our casebook initiative so he's the guy to pass that info to.  If you're not sure what "detailed" actually means I will refer you to Jake Thompsons post earlier this week where he describes what you should include in the aff/neg information.  Please follow those guidelines if you're unsure.

5 - If you are coach/judge and you have a favorite beverage that you'd like to see supplied in our hospitality suite please forward that information to me.  We try to accommodate as best we can.

Thats it.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Glen