[eDebate] KCKCC bids farewell to Amy Fugate

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Sep 13 23:35:19 CDT 2006

Some of you already know, but as of this Friday, Dr. Amy Fugate will no longer be the Dean of Humanities and Fine Arts at KCKCC.

Amy has accepted a job as Vice President for Academic Affairs at Mott Community College in Flint, Michigan.  For Amy, it's a chance to go home as well as a great promotion/career move.  Her parents are just a couple hours from Flint and I cannot blame her for wanting to be closer to family.

For us at KCK it is a huge loss.  Amy came to KCKCC after many successful years coaching at JCCC and immediately set out to fund and hire a coach for a Policy Debate Team.  I consider myself fortunate to be the one she hired to carry out her vision.  She has been one of the best Administrators and bosses anyone could ever imagine.  And she "gets it".  She knows what debate takes and her support has been amazing.  Our success would not be possible without her support from above.  We need more allies in higher Administration that '"get it".

Something tells me it may not be long before Mott CC is fielding a competitive policy debate program.  For you folks up in Michigan take advantage of the opportunity to reach out and establish ties as you'd be hard pressed to find a better network of support or potential program to recruit from.

Feel free to email Amy your congratulations on her new position.  Her email is afugate at kckcc.edu (for now anyways).  Feel free to send your condolonces to me!

In the meantime if anyone has visions of becoming a Dean at a great college where you can spend lots of money on debate feel free to email me for details!  : )

Our loss is certainly the gain of the State of Michigan.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP