[eDebate] Some early King's tournament announcements

Berry, Mike MikeBerry
Fri Sep 15 12:50:17 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Here are a couple of things that I need to announce for the King's
tournament.

First, King's is committed to turning out a comprehensive case list with
aff and neg arguments and citations.

In order to facilitate this process we request the following of the
teams attending our tournament:

Please either email me (or bring an electronic copy on a USB flash
drive) a copy of your 1AC  and core negative positions that you know
that you will be running.  The information that we require is: argument
tags, FULL citations (including key words for or a key phrase for
electronic ev), and the entire plan text... If you have
non-electronically accessible evidence please include the first few
words of the card, the last few words of the card, and the page number.
If you have more than one aff, first of all, way to go on the pre-season
prep, and second, please follow the above instructions for disclosure.

Given that this is the first tournament of the year, we understand that
people may be concerned about "privacy/security" issues, but we
guarantee that absolutely NO information regarding your aff will be
released until after that aff is read in a round.  This is merely a
time-saving process for us.  In the end, we WILL be getting all of your
aff information, the only question is whether you just give us the stuff
before the tournament starts or whether we have to bug you about it
before, during, and after rounds. (If this looks vaguely similar to Jake
Thompson's email post, it should.  I pretty much lifted it from his
email).

Second, we will be having a film crew at the tournament.  Engel
Entertainment is producing a documentary film about the Liberty debate
team and college debate by following the Liberty Squad throughout the
2006-2007 season. A small crew will be filming at the King's College
tournament during the debates and at the hotel. If you have any
questions or concerns about the filming, please feel free to contact me
(Mike Berry) or associate producer, Allison Shigo at 212-413-9200. Engel
Entertainment is a documentary production company based out of New York
with over 20 years of experience. Engel Entertainment produces
critically acclaimed programming for many of the top names in television
including A&E, Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery
Health Channel, Animal Planet, PBS and TLC.

Good luck to all the teams competing this weekend.

Mike Berry