[eDebate] DCUDL Debate Tournament

Carlos Varela carlos
Tue Sep 19 18:12:28 CDT 2006

Hello debate community and volunteers,

I am writing to inform you of upcoming tournaments and opportunities for
assisting the DC Urban Debate League. As you may know, judges provide
valuable pedagogical moments in the education of a debater. Volunteers that
help assist us in making the tournament happen with logistics make a
noticeable difference that is appreciated deeply.

All tournaments take place on Saturdays, and run from 8:30am-4:00pm.

Here is our high school calendar for the 2006-2007 school year: All will
take place in DC, unless otherwise indicated.

  2006
Sep 23
Oct 21 (in VA-Walt Whitman)
Nov 18
Dec 16
  2007
Jan 20
Feb 24
Mar 24
Apr 21

And for those interested, here is our middle school calendar: All
tournaments will take place in DC.

  2006
Sep 30-Cesar Chavez PCS, 3701 Hayes St, NE
Oct 28
Dec 2
  2007
Jan 27
Feb 24
Mar 24
Apr 21

The DC Urban Debate League is hosting its first policy debate tournament of
the season this Saturday, September 23, 2006. The tournament is only three
rounds, and will go from 8:30 am till 4:00 pm. Breakfast and lunch are
provided.

This battle of the wits will take place at the facilities of Friendship
Collegiate Academy, 4095 Minnesota Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20019.
(202) 396-5500

The easiest way to get there is the metro, as it is directly across the
street from the Minnesota Ave Metro Station .

We will be debating the national service topic at the high school level.

The DCUDL appreciates your volunteering, especially the kids, who learn
during your disclosure and reason for decisions.

I realize, Kings Tournament is taking place this weekend, but if you know of
someone who might be interested, feel free to pass this on to them.

Look foward to hearing from you,

-Carlos Varela
Program Director
The DC Urban Debate League