[eDebate] College Debate Preview Program at St. Mark's

Pacedebate at aol.com Pacedebate
Wed Sep 27 21:17:27 CDT 2006

To the College Debate  Community:
You are invited to  attend the 2006 College Debate Preview Program at the
Heart of Texas  Invitational. The preview offers representatives from college
debate programs  the opportunity to talk with high school seniors about debating
in college. The  preview will be held during the Heart of Texas Invitational
Debate and Speech  Tournament in Dallas,  Texas during the weekend of October
20-2. Last year over 100 high schools from over 30 states attended the
tournament. College representatives from programs all over the United  States were
also in attendance.  It would be our honor to host  representatives from your
school this year.

Colleges attending the  preview are offered two full pages of advertising (no
charge) in the tournament  program. The ad pages should be sent to me (camera
ready) so that they arrive no  later than October 10th. Traditionally, ad
pages have included a one page letter  from the director,  and one page of
"college propaganda" about the school. You may format your two pages in any way
that you think would be helpful to your recruiting efforts--as long as it is
camera ready, and I get it by the 10th. There isn't a formal schedule for the
College Preview Program. We do open a room between rounds five and six on
Saturday morning to create a place for students to meet with representatives
however you are free to watch rounds, talk with students, visit with friends,
feed yourself in the coaches lounge, and visit our campus and our city. If you
are willing to judge a round or two it would be sincerely appreciated however
you shouldn't feel any pressure to do so. If you or your representative would
like to judge for money (to help pay for the trip) then I would be happy to
help  with those arrangements.

The Westin Park  Central will serve again serve as the tournament hotel. You
can make  reservations at:
_http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/heartoftx_
(http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/heartoftx)
or  call the Westin at 1-888-627-7032 and request the ST. MARK'S SCHOOL OF
TEXAS ? HEART OF TEXAS INVITATIONAL  program. The tournament rate is $87 per
room for either a
King or a room with  two doubles. The last date to make reservations for the
Westin is October  1. Rounds start on Friday morning and continue through the
final round on Sunday  evening. You are also invited to the Senior Speaker's
Breakfast to be held at  the hotel on Sunday morning.
You can obtain additional information regarding  the tournament on our web
page:
_http://www.joyoftournaments.com/tx/stmarks/info.asp_
(http://www.joyoftournaments.com/tx/stmarks/info.asp)
Please be sure to get  program ad pages to me by October 10th. There is no
formal registration process  for the preview (other than sending the ad on
time), but please let me know if  you are planning to attend.

I hope to see you in  October.
Thanks,
Tim  Mahoney
Director of Debate, St. Mark's School of Texas
10600 Preston Road
Dallas,  TX 75230
214-346-8141  (office)
214-734-3673 (cell)