[eDebate] Logistics for the Thurgood Marshall Tournament at Towson 9/30-10/1

Beth Skinner beth.skinner
Fri Sep 29 15:59:49 CDT 2006

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.  Here's a post of the logistics in
case emails didn't get to everyone.

DIVISIONS
We'll run a single division - JV.  We'll have a finals for JV and a breakout
semis for novices.

WORKSHOPS
We'll plan on 3 workshop groups (1 for JV debaters, 2 for novices) with 1-2
coaches and 8 or so debaters per group.  There's not content your coaches
need to prepare - just be ready to answer the slew of questions that folks
will likely have.  The workshopping groups will meet after lunch and before
the last round of the day.

SCHEDULE

   *Saturday 9/30*
   10:30 Round 1
   12:30 Round 2
   2:30 Lunch Break
   4:00 Workshops
   5:00 Round 3
   *Sunday 10/1*
   10:30 Round 4
   12:30 Lunch Break
   1:30 Awards Ceremony
   2:00 Novice Semis/JV Finals
   4:00 Novice Finals

LOCATION
The tournament will be centered on the first floor of Linthicum Hall.  Here
are links for a map of campus
*http://wwwnew.towson.edu/main/maps/*<https://outlook.towson.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://wwwnew.towson.edu/main/maps/>and
driving directions
*http://wwwnew.towson.edu/main/abouttu/visitor/dircampus.asp*<https://outlook.towson.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://wwwnew.towson.edu/main/abouttu/visitor/dircampus.asp>.

PARKING
You can park for free on Saturday either in the surface lot directly
behind/north of Linthicum or in the Towsontown Garage (just a bit north of
that).  These are the same parking areas we've used in past years if that
helps.

INTERNET
There's free access to the Towson wireless network on campus.

CONTACTS
For problems or questions en route:
        Beth Skinner 443-562-2269
        Andy Ellis 240-285-0843