[eDebate] Ranking Teams for Purpose of Presets

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Wed Sep 20 13:41:59 CDT 2006

The argument was that you shouldnt have two As hit two As.  Every B hits an
A every A hits an A in the system Aaron suggested.

In addition, some have made the argument that it still is unfair because the
person deciding As and Bs could cheat.  To accept this argument you have to
believe that the tournament director (who most times has no horse in the
tournament race) is more corrupt than random matching is unfair.  If that is
the case, such corruption is inevitable because you could not trust the
random pairing either.

In addition, its inevitable in the rest of the rounds anyway - tournament
brackets are HL or HH within brackets etc.

Josh