[eDebate] ADA may business meeting information

John Katsulas katsulas
Wed Apr 11 08:53:29 CDT 2007

American Debate Association

April 11, 2007

Dear Colleague:

The annual May business meeting of the American Debate Association will be held on Friday, May 18th in Fredericksburg, Virginia and hosted by our Treasurer, Timothy O?Donnell of Mary Washington.

Items on the agenda for this year?s meeting the selection of a 2008 host for the ADA National Tournament, and proposals for changes to the Standing rules and/or the Constitution.  There are no elections scheduled this year.

According to the ADA Constitution, all proposed changes to the Standing Rules or the Constitution must be received by the ADA President no later than two weeks prior to the date of annual business meeting.  Therefore, I would request that you send me electronic copy of any changes to the Rules or Constitution by Friday, May 4th.   Please e-mail your proposals to me at katsulas at bc.edu   Motions received after the deadline may be considered only by a suspension of the rules.  I will distribute copies of the proposals to the membership as quickly as possible.

Please make your own hotel arrangements by calling the WysteStone Suits at 540-891-1112 or 1-800-794-5005.  The block of rooms is under UMW Debate Team until April 25, 2007 at a rate of $85.00 plus tax.
If you have any problems, ask for booking agent, Dorrie Chason.  PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS PROMPTLY.  April 25th is a firm cutoff date.

In addition to the meeting, we will offer a golf outing on Thursday, May 17th and dinner at the Olde Town Steak and Seafood Restaurant, which I highly recommend, especially if you like prime rib.  Please notify Tim O?Donnell if you are interested in playing golf and/or eating dinner on Thursday evening at Olde Town.  Contact Tim at todonnel at umw.edu.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please give me a call at 617-552-4298 (office) or 978-766-5329 (cell).

I hope to see everyone at the meeting!

John Katsulas
ADA President