[eDebate] Debate in VEGAS--UNLV tournament dates

Jake Thompson jacob.thompson
Thu Apr 12 11:55:38 CDT 2007

The Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum at the University of Nevada Las Vegas is happy to announce that we will be hosting our annual tournament on October 6, 7, and 8, 2007.

There is the POSSIBILITY that Weber State University's Val Browning Round Robin will be moved to Las Vegas for a round robin tournament October 3 and 4... This is not a certainty and we are in the process of discussing with the Weber folks whether or not it can be accomplished this year, and if so how the invitation structure would work (more on this topic in a later post).

 Reasons to attend:

1) It's VEGAS!
2) CHEAP flights into Vegas
3) Tournament hospitality will be obscene/outrageous/unprecedented
4) Wireless access on campus and in the hotel
5) LOW entry fees
6) Awesome trophies--a la Vegas (I'm thinking engraved poker chip sets for the finalists)
7) Comps for every team attending the tournament (T-shirts, other goodies, MEALS, and snacks)
8) It's VEGAS!

Everyone always talks about how important it is to support new debate programs.  So, walk the walk, and come have a REALLY GOOD time with us in Las Vegas.

Jake Thompson