[eDebate] First Annual Baltimore Open Public Debate Tournament-May 12th- Towson U

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu Apr 12 16:29:07 CDT 2007

Don't throw away those files yet, there is one more tournament.

May 12th-Towson University-PENDING ROOM AVAILABILITY_WE WILL EITHER FIND A
DIFFERENT LOCATION OR A DIFFERENT DATE I THE ROOMS PEOPLE ARE NOT NICE.

This tournament is not the high stress thing we just got finished with, more
it is a celebration of debate public discourse and community, and it is
fully OPEN. We already have one 8 year old, several people in their mid 30s,
and several coaches of NDT teams interested in debating. We will have three
rounds in 0ne Division. With an Outdoor BBQ at the End.

So all you have to do is cover your judging and pay the $15 entry fee. If
you dont have judges you can buy one from us for 1400 per round...ok not
really, but we dont really have the judging to cover folks, and let the
debates be open to every body. Judges can be anybody....NDT finalists or
your 8 year old child...adaptation is a must.

We also encourage you to bring your cheering section...it is a public debate
tournament...
We will follow college format.

The tournament is a fund raiser for next years Baltimore College Debate
tournaments, so we are pretty serious on the entry fee, but if you reallly
need it or you are already taking a bus down from Buffalo...then we can work
something out...

Here is the Schedule

10:00-11:00 Registration/Snacks Etc
11:00 Opening Assembly
11:30-1:30 Rd 1
1:30-3:30 Rd 2
3:30-4:15 Some Punch Some cookies, some Mingling
3:30 Rd 3 Challenges Due
4:19-6:00 Round 3-Challenges, Grudges, and oridianrily paired rounds...
6:00-Till the police chase us off of campus, BBQ-Picinic, SPAR Debates, you
giving us tons of money after we get you liqueured up(jk)

you should preregister so i know how many hot dogs and not dogs to
buy....lest say by may 10th...