[eDebate] CEDA Topic Process Update 04.18.07

Gordon Stables stables
Wed Apr 18 05:02:52 CDT 2007

Before I get into the details, let me apologize for the delay updating the community about the status of the topic process. I want to thank everyone who has been an active participant in this conversation over the last two days. I have posted a lengthy update on the topic process at the topic blog http://blog.cedatopic.com/   You can directly link to the post at  http://blog.cedatopic.com/2007/04/18/current-status-of-the-topic-process.aspx

My post should help guide the conversation and begin to provide a framework for some of the questions posed in the last two days. I would really like to drive as much topic discussion to the blog as possible in order to help organize our efforts.  As you will notice, I have opened threads for different areas of our work and I will open new threads as new ideas develop.

I will be updating the CEDATopic site tomorrow with the new email information for the committee. We are pleased to have Sue Peterson (at large appointee to fill the seat I vacated by becoming 2nd VP) and Candice Moore (Student Rep) join the committee.

Please let me know if you have questions or comments.

Thanks.
Gordon Stables
Chair - CEDA Topic Selection Committee / CEDA 2nd Vice-President (incoming)

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Southern California