[eDebate] CSIS Policy Debates

Josh Branson harobran
Wed Apr 18 13:00:04 CDT 2007

The CSIS is looking for a few judges to come judge a series of mini policy
debates on April 25th from about 5:45 pm to around 7:30. We've altered the
format a little bit so that there will be more time for judge interaction
feedback, but basically it's a bunch of smart kids without any debate
experience who have aspirations in the policy field, and they have a
rotating series of mini 10 minute debates on headline-style policy topics
(Iran, climate change, immigration, gun control) etc. You will be asked to
vote, and they do give out awards, but the focus is far more on
education/learning the basics than win-loss.

We had a great crew come out last time to help out in the fall, so let me
know if you're interested, or if you have any other questions. Dinner will
be provided for everyone.

thanks
Josh Branson