[eDebate] Laramie Invitational 9/29-30 FREE TOURNAMENT

matt stannard stannardmatt
Tue Apr 24 14:15:05 CDT 2007

Dear Colleague:

We?re pleased to invite you to the 2007 Laramie Invitational Policy Debate Tournament, taking place Saturday and Sunday, September 29-30, here at the University of Wyoming.  THE TOURNAMENT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE.  There are no entry fees.  We only ask that teams cover their judging commitments and volunteer to judge 1-2 extra rounds.

We will offer six rounds of NDT/CEDA debate on the 2007-2008 resolution, with appropriate elimination rounds, in as many divisions as entries warrant.  We will recognize an appropriate number of individual speakers in each division of debate. We will do everything we can to maintain separate novice, JV and open divisions throughout the tournament, including doing a PARTIAL collapse if necessary and, without a doubt, holding breakout final rounds in each division.

Details: Times will be 9-3-6 with 10 minutes of preparation time per team. Open division is open to any and all competitors. Junior division is limited to competitors in their first two years of collegiate debate competition. Novice division will be defined, for the purposes of the tournament, as competitors in their first year of collegiate debate competition who did not compete in POLICY debate at any time in high school. One judge covers two debate teams.  We ask all judges to volunteer to judge one or two rounds beyond their commitment, since entries are free of charge. Lodging: The tournament hotel is the Ramada Inn.  They are offering a block rate of $65.00 per night, plus 10% tax, for double rooms.  The block rate expires September 1.   Their address is 2313 Soldier Springs Road, and their phone number is (307) 742-6611.  Please make sure they know you are entering the UW Debate Tournament on Sept. 29-30 (since we are hosting a parli/ie tournament earlier in the month and we don?t want to confuse the folks at the hotel).  Please let Matt Stannard know if you have any problems securing reservations.Entering the tournament: Entries will soon be enabled on the debateresults.com site (aka the ?Bruschke Site?).  We will post to edebate when the entries are enabled.

Meals: The Wyoming Speech and Debate Union will host a small reception at registration on the evening of Friday, Sept. 28, complete with light snacks and beverages.  You are on your own for lunch and dinner on both days of the tournament.  There is extra time in the schedule for teams to make a quick trip to get meals, but we will also have tournament staff on hand to assist you in ordering food to be delivered to you at the school.

Directions to Laramie, Hotel, Tournament, etc.: Maps and travel information will be sent to the directors and coaches of every team entering the tournament.

Schedule:

Friday, Sept. 28:

7:00-10:00 PM            Registration and reception, Ramada Inn.  Pairings released at 10:00 PM.

Saturday, Sept. 29:

9:00 AM          Round One (all debates will take place in the Classroom Building at UW)
1:00 PM           Round Two
4:00 PM           Round Three
7:15 PM           Round Four

Sunday, Sept. 30

9:00 AM          Round Five
1:00 PM           Round Six
4:00 PM           First Elimination Round
Announcement of Awards and Further Elimination Rounds to Follow
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx