[eDebate] hilarity ensues

Omri Ceren ceren
Fri Apr 6 17:18:24 CDT 2007

Oh please. Those are the best examples of extremism you could find on my
blog (which, by the way, you very rudely did not link back to -
http://www.mererehetoric.com for those looking)

What about these ones? I've:

(1) referred to the American Jews who vote Democrat as "fucking
retarded" - http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11273199.html

(2) requested a "trident missile and a compass" to deal with Iraqi
insurgents - http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/000859.html

(3) referred to the UN as "insipid anti-Western pipsqueeks" -
http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11273458.html

(4) accused Jimmy Carter of "going to bat for a Nazi" (which is true,
incidentally) - http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11273183.html

I don't think that the issue at hand is moderation. I think it's smarts.

I do like how - in a conversation about whether ideological stringency
deadens the ability to detect nuance - you compare the actions of the
Democratic House Speaker to three meaningless Republican backbenchers.
In structured policy debate, that's what we call a "link".

Omri.

--

PhD Student, USC Annenberg School for Communication
Email: ceren at usc.edu
Mobile: 412-512-7256