[eDebate] Some thoughts about topic wording and ballot options

Josh Hoe jbhdb8
Thu Apr 12 15:28:48 CDT 2007

I will echo one thing that Will said:

The problem with this topic (in a non-performance sense) was that the
negative CP literature was superior to the affirmative ability to generate
add-ons against many of those CPs.  Given that most judges vote neg on
theory it was VERY hard for the aff to win that the CP Constitutional
Amendment - would not be interpreted and implemented in the same way as the
plan BY THE COURTS as well as by the legislature etc.

This was one of those - a topic committee cant know this ahead of time for
sure - kind of problems.

The answer isnt topic anarchy...But as I said last year....even I am for a
bit more aff flex....and thats saying something,

Josh