[eDebate] MSU's newest coach...and saying godbye.

matt stannard stannardmatt
Thu Apr 19 21:04:57 CDT 2007

I'd prefer to say this publicly rather than merely backchannel to Josh:

He was always one of our most highly preferred critics.  He always went out of his way, even at the cost of personal convenience or work he was doing, to talk to our teams and coaches about what he thought of our strategies and approaches.  The MSU coaching staff has always been among the friendliest, classiest, and most likely to excite you about the game of debate, but Josh was and is all those things to the power of 10.  Best of luck, sir.  Keep in touch.

stannard> From: repkowil at msu.edu> To: edebate at ndtceda.com> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:15:34 -0400> Subject: [eDebate] MSU's newest coach...and saying godbye.> > As many of you know, Josh Gonzalez will be leaving us for new (and less > insane) opportunities. > > We'd like to thank Josh for all that he has been to our program. > > Josh is a fantastic debate dork -- truly Grade A. > > Think about it -- in the entire time you knew him wasn't he was always > eagerly ready to discuss Heidegger or Genuine Consultation over a cigarette > ?... > > Whether completely exhausted or jacked-up on a strange combo of nicotine/V-8 > Splash, he was a hard-working critic that always gave you his best. > > An even better driver than Eber, we will quite literally be lost without > Gonzo... here's hoping that GPS systems become mainstream on rental cars. > > .. Gonz is a fixture at the SDI -- we'd bet there are 50 people in this > community that first met Josh while lost outside the Orange Room. we'd also > bet he was helpful to each. > > Thanks Josh, for being who you are... > > If you'd like to thank him, he can be reached at gonza310 at msu.edu > > It's only fitting that Josh's position be handed-off to another kid straight > out of the insane Dutch-reform town of Holland, Michigan (proud home of one > of only two windmills ever allowed to leave the Netherlands). > > ... Gabe Murillo will be joining our coaching staff this Fall. > > If you could see who Gabe has been for the last 5 years at the SDI, you > would understand how excited we are to have him on-board. > > Patient, kind... you've met the guy... it's Gabe.. > > If you'd like to drop Gabe a congratulatory note, he can be reached at: > > gabejmurillo at yahoo.com > > Best of luck to you Josh... and welcome aboard Gabe... > > Take it easy, > > Dave, Greta, & Will > > > > _______________________________________________> eDebate mailing list> eDebate at www.ndtceda.com> http://www.ndtceda.com/mailman/listinfo/edebate
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx