[eDebate] Wiki Update

Kuswa, Kevin kkuswa
Thu Apr 26 20:18:28 CDT 2007

thanks for organizing this, will.

many if not most of my entries are just starting points.  i'm glad a larger number of people will be fleshing some of this out in wiki form--awesome idea.

also, most of the credit for the completed work goes to a group of people in austin who put this together for the thumbooks about six or seven years ago.  None of the entries have been touched in over six years--it may be more of an obscure archive than something to rely on. :)

we'll definitely sign on to help update the existing kuswa entries.

thanks again, will, this will be a huge help for workshop AND A MASSIVE HELP FOR COLLEGE NOVICES.

kevin

________________________________

From: edebate-bounces at ndtceda.com on behalf of William J Repko
Sent: Thu 4/26/2007 5:34 PM
To: edebate at ndtceda.com
Subject: [eDebate] Wiki Update

1. attached is a revised list -- it is revised in two ways:

a) it has more terms/concepts than before
b) it indicates which terms have already been "reserved".

If you are interested in the project, read through and drop me line
volunteering to take one of slots that no one has "called dibbs" on. Even
volunteering to do 3 terms (after finals and after the TOC) makes a
difference.

2. Several backchannels about "how to post"

a) For wave # 1 only, please submit the entry to me via email (in Word).
b) After the initial wave of materials is up, we will honor requests for
editing privileges, etc.
c) If your submission includes evidence (cards) those can be sent us or A.
Barnes. Cards = good.

3. What an entry might look like:

 a) brief explanation/background info
 b) an additional explanation of the various ways the term or item gets
*deployed* in debate rounds. For instance, "Zizek" gets deployed in multiple
ways. "Intrinsciness perms" pretty much get deployed in one way.
 c) Args in favor of one (including cards or bibliography if applicable)
 d) Args in favor of the other side (dittto).

4. Special thanks:

Not to be the cheesey guy, but when you look through this list and see the
contributions that Kuswa HAS ALREADY FINISHED you will be blown away.
Seriously, I could go on thanking -- but just skim through the thing.
Kuswa's contribution is just sick.. and much appreciated.

Much thanks to a few programs that have gone nuts supporting this out of the
gate -- MWU, NWU, Wake, Wayne, and Whitman have been huge.

too many folks to thank...

...keep the contributions coming.

Always,

  Logan Echolls