[eDebate] Baylor welcomes Scott Varda!!!

Scott Herndon scottaherndon
Sat Apr 28 17:21:20 CDT 2007

That's great news! Congrats to Scott, Matt and the whole Baylor crew.

Scott Herndon

-----Original Message-----
From: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com
[mailto:edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com] On Behalf Of Matt Gerber
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 4:19 PM
To: edebate at ndtceda.com
Subject: [eDebate] Baylor welcomes Scott Varda!!!

On behalf of the the Glenn R. Capp Debate Forum at Baylor, I would like to
be the first to publicly welcome Scott Varda to the coaching staff! Scott
will join us in the Fall of 2007 as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in
the Dept. of Communication Studies, and as the Associate Director of Debate.

While coaching at the University of Iowa, and at Florida State, Scott has
established himself as a highly preferred critic, a great argument coach,
and a heckuva nice guy.

I would also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Jason Myres,
who served on the coaching staff at Baylor this past season. Jason walked
into a situation in which he knew his position might be temporary, but still

brought all of his energy and committment to the team. Jason is a great guy,

scary smart, and will be a success in whatever path he chooses for next
year.

Please join me in welcoming Scott Varda to District 3!

Dr. Matt Gerber
Assistant Professor
Director of Debate
Dept. of Communication Studies