[eDebate] Summer Mtg. Bid Call Re-Post

Darren Elliott delliott
Sun Aug 5 21:41:50 CDT 2007

Some people could not open the attachment.  Here is the bid call again for the summer meeting.  If you have questions, please contact me.

thanks,
chief

To the CEDA/NDT Debate Community:

On behalf of the Cross-Examination Debate Association I would like to invite interested parties, individuals, and Colleges and Universities to submit a bid to host the 2008 CEDA Summer Meeting and Topic Committee Meeting.  Below is a list of what should be included in your bid.  Priority for bids will be October 1st, 2007.  I would like to be able to announce our site at the NCA CEDA Business Meeting in Chicago in November 2007.

A completed bid should include:

1.	A list of hosting dates (Typically the meeting is 2 and ? days for the Topic Meeting and 2 and ? days for the CEDA Summer Meeting.  This past year for example the CEDA Summer Meeting was Sat.-Sun.-Mon. morning and the Topic Committee met Mon. afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday).  The meeting typically is during the end of May or beginning weeks of June.

2.	You should include a secured rate from a hotel that is a reasonable distance from the meeting site.  The hotel should at a minimum offer Internet to its guests (ideally without an additional cost).  The bid should include the name of the property, address, local contact person, and rate guarantee for the time of the stay.  The rate should be negotiated for all nights of the proposed dates as well as one day prior to the meetings for early arrival.

3.	The bid should include a description of the meeting space you will provide for the time we are in session.  The meeting space should provide ample room for the Executive Council and the Topic Committee with additional room for observer-participants.  The bid should indicate room setup, occupancy, and internet connections.  Internet connectivity is a must for all members of the Topic Committee and the Executive Council.

4.	Since the 2006 meeting in Kansas City, the community has benefited greatly from the ability to have the meetings web cast.  If you are submitting a bid please check with the appropriate sources on your campus or locale and include in the bid whether or not you will be able to web cast both the CEDA Summer Meeting and the Topic Committee Meeting.  If you are able to provide this service, please include in your bid the contact person who will be in charge of the web cast, what institutional support you will have and what capacity you have to provide this service.

5.	Airport and Shuttle Service: The bid should include all relevant airport information.  Include the airport(s) people should fly into.  It would be helpful to include current and summer rates from both coasts and the Midwest.  While it would not prevent you from being the host, I will lean strongly towards bids where the host is in a city with a major airport.  If the host site and hotel is not in a city with a major airport, you should include shuttle services you can provide to and from the airport.  Shuttle service available between the hotel and host site should also be included in the bid.  If you can secure shuttle rates from a major provider at the airport, please include that as well.

6.	The bid should include any amenities you or your institution will provide.  Those can include coffee, soda, breakfast items, snacks, etc. during the meetings.

7.	Feel free to include relevant dining and entertainment options near the site for the meetings.  In the evenings, the Topic Committee and the Executive Council will have time to socialize, so take the opportunity to ?sell? your location.

Sincerely,
Darren Elliott
CEDA 1st Vice-President
Director of Debate and Forensics