[eDebate] Job Opportunity: Coaching Position available at Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts
Tue Aug 7 16:19:59 CDT 2007
Posting this again to see if we can get someone before September starts...
We have a debate coach vacancy for the 2007-2008 academic year at the New
School which we hope to fill as soon as possible. Our school is located in
Greenwich Village within NYC. The job description is below, but feel free
to ask me any questions about the program.
Debate Coach Job Description
Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts announces a debate
coach/instructor position for its team. The New School Debate Team is a
relatively new but growing presence housed in a small liberal arts college.
In its first few years, the team has participated competitively in many
regional and national tournaments.
The College is looking for an energetic individual who is willing to use
creativity and expertise to build this new team. Experience in speech and
debate, at either the high school or collegiate level, is preferred. Specific
1. Being available for individual coaching sessions, observing
performances, and offering advice;
2. Accompanying the team to tournaments and serving as a judge;
3. Coordinating on campus debate activities
4. Managing the team's communications;
5. Assisting in the management of the team's budget;
6. Arranging necessary provisions (hotels, food, car rentals, etc.) for
7. Serving as liaison to College administration
8. Holding regular office hours to assist with student needs;
9. Attending regular meetings of the NY Debate Coalition.
10. Assisting with other duties as assigned and as needs arise.
11. Teaching a course per year as deemed necessary.
Generally, coaches will be expected to be available along a flexible range
of hours to cover the team's wide variety of activities. Expected workload
is approximately twelve (12) hours per week. The Speech and Debate Team
Coach position will be paid a salary commensurate with experience. Candidates
may be (but do not have to be) enrolled in a Master's, Doctoral, or Graduate
Professional program and have an interest in working with students at the
undergraduate level. The position begins immediately and will end on June
30, 2008, with possibility of contract renewal for the 2008-09 academic
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Special Projects
Eugene Lang College
turennee at newschool.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mailman