[eDebate] Join our coverage team for Sunday's Democratic Debate!

Ross Smith smithr
Fri Aug 17 18:23:57 CDT 2007

Let's show what the collective power of this debate community is.

Paul Johnson and Jane Munksgaard will be on the front lines in Des
Moines Sunday morning for the ABC "This Week" debate for the Democratic
nomination candidates at Drake University. I helped get them press
passes via Huffington Post and DebateScoop based on the promise that
debate people have unique capacity to cover candidate debates (as unlike
"real" debate as they may be).

Our biggest strengths are in asking good follow up questions (cross ex)
and in calling b.s. on an argument (I call that "argument check" -- like
fact checking but assessing the argument quality instead of truth or
falsity of a fact.).

Jane and Paul will get to go to the spin room to do the c-x. But we need
more to complete the process.

What you can do to help:
1) Watch the debate live and join us in the chatroom we will set up to
discuss the best potential follow up questions and suspicious arguments.
2) Do a quick argument check, doing quick spot research to back up the
argument check or to help frame the cross ex (good, quick researchers
needed).
3) Help transcribe the tapes of the cross ex so that the material can be
posted and used for analysis as quickly as possible after the debate
(good quick typing skills appreciated!).

Time frame: the live debate is from 8-9:30 CENTRAL time. A list of the
markets where the debate is aired in its entirety live is below.

Even if you cannot participate live, you can help.
1) We will need transcription beginning around noon central time. We
will have short digital tapes of c-x of candidates or their surrogates.
Each transcription job might take a half hour or so.
2) Some of the argument check may take longer and you can pick up an
"assignment" in the chat room even if you cannot hear the debate live.
3) After we have all of the raw material assembled, feel free to write
your own analysis for DebateScoop or possibly the Huffington Post "Off
the Bus" project.

To participate, send me an e-mail and I will keep you updated on further
details.

LIST OF MARKETS CARRYING ENTIRE DEBATE LIVE (times are local):

KTXS    Abilene-Sweetwater      8:00  AM
KLAX    Alexandria, LA  8:00  AM
KVII    Amarillo        8:00  AM
KBMT    Beaumont-Port Arthur    8:00 AM
WIVT    Binghamton      9:00  AM
KIVI    Boise   7:00  AM
WCVB    Boston  9:00  AM
WVNY    Burlington-Plattsburgh  9:00  AM
KTWO    Casper-Riverton 8:00  AM
KCRG    Cedar Rapids-Waterloo&Dubq      8:00  AM
WSOC    Charlotte       9:00  AM
WTVC    Chattanooga     9:00  AM
WCPO    Cincinnati      9:00 AM
WEWS    Cleveland       9:00  AM
WQAD    Davenport-R.Island-Moline       8:00  AM
WKEF    Dayton  9:00  AM
WOI     Des Moines-Ames 8:00  AM
WDIO    Duluth-Superior 8:00  AM
WJET    Erie    9:00  AM
WEHT    Evansville      8:00  AM
WZVN    Ft. Myers-Naples        9:00  AM
WCJB    Gainesville     9:00  AM
WOTV    Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk      9:00  AM
WZZM    Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk      9:00  AM
WBAY    Green Bay-Appleton      8:00  AM
WCTI    Greenville-N.Bern-Washngtn      9:00  AM
WHTM    Harrisburg-Lncstr-Leb-York      9:00  AM
WHSV    Harrisonburg    9:00  AM
WTNH    Hartford & New Haven    9:00  AM
KHGI    Lincoln & Hstngs-Krny Plus      8:00  AM
KLKN    Lincoln & Hstngs-Krny Plus      8:00  AM
WEAR    Mobile-Pensacola        8:00  AM
KAQY    Monroe-El Dorado        8:00  AM
WABC    New York        9:00  AM
KTVO    Ottumwa-Kirksville      8:00  AM
WSIL    Paducah-C.Gird-Harbg-Mt VN      8:00  AM
WMBB    Panama City     8:00  AM
WMTW    Portland-Auburn 9:00  AM
WPRU    Puerto Rico     9:00  AM
KOTA    Rapid City      7:00  AM
WSET    Roanoke-Lynchburg       9:00  AM
KAAL    Rochestr-Mason City-Austin      8:00  AM
KSAT    San Antonio     8:00  AM
KCAU    Sioux City      8:00  AM
WBND    South Bend-Elkhart      9:00  AM
KSPR    Springfield, MO 8:00  AM
WGGB    Springfield-Holyoke     9:00  AM
WWSB    Tampa-St. Pete,Sarasota 9:00  AM
KTKA    Topeka  8:00  AM       -- justin
WGTU    Traverse City-Cadillac  9:00  AM
KGUN    Tucson(Nogales) 7:00  AM
KTUL    Tulsa   8:00 AM
WUTR    Utica   9:00  AM
KAVU    Victoria        10:00  AM
KAKE    Wichita-Hutchinson Plus 8:00 AM
WWAY    Wilmington      9:00  AM
KAPP    Yakima-Pasco-Rchlnd-Knnwck      8:00  AM

--
Ross K. Smith
Director of Debate

336-251-2076 (c)