[eDebate] Quote of the week

Sat Aug 25 13:18:40 CDT 2007

>From Foreign Affiar, 2006:

"So it is hardly shocking that Falkenrath would loathe a book that reviewers for
publications such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Economist
have praised lavishly. Beneath the impasto of pejoratives, we cannot discern an
argument in Falkenrath's review of our book. His article is reminiscent of the
classic Monty Python skit about the man who goes to the argument store in
search of debate but whose every claim is met with just flat contradiction. The
Next Attack grapples with jihadist terrorism, a phenomenon deeply rooted in the
social and political conditions of Muslims around the world and the debate over
what it means to be Muslim. To our knowledge, Falkenrath has never published a
word on terrorism per se, Islam, the politics and sociology of the Muslim
world, or, for that matter, U.S. policy toward Muslim countries -- which may
explain his fact-free fusillade. "