[eDebate] Position Opening at University of North Texas

Brian Lain blain
Tue Aug 28 17:38:48 CDT 2007

Colleagues,

We are very excited that we have just received approval for an additional faculty/staff position at the University of North Texas.  Anyone interested in the position should contact me as soon as possible.

We are hiring an Assistant Director of Debate which will be a faculty member of the Communication Studies Department.

Job Description:
Interim Assistant Director of Debate, University of North Texas Debate Team

A successful candidate will work as the Assistant Director of Debate for the 2007-2008 academic season.  The University of North Texas has a distinguished history of competitive academic debate.

Responsibilities include assisting the Director of Debate and the Program Assistant in the activities of the debate team including the administration of the high school and college tournaments, teaching at the high school summer workshop (the Mean Green Workshops), travel to college tournaments, research and coaching with the team, and recruiting high school students.  Future responsibilities of the position include teaching one course per semester in the Department of Communication Studies.

Master of Arts or Sciences is required.  At least two years of intercollegiate policy debate experience or two years of high school policy debate coaching experience are required.  The successful candidate must possess a valid driver?s license.

Salary for this position is competitive depending on candidate?s qualifications.

Anyone interested should send a letter of application, including their coaching and debate experience, a CV or resume, and three references to Dr. Brian Lain.

The University of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  The University of North Texas Debate Team is made possible by Student Service Fees.

Assistant Professor of Communication
Director of Debate
University of North Texas
Box 305268