[eDebate] Reply to Scott

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Thu Aug 30 13:46:45 CDT 2007

And just because I said I was involved in the merger does not mean I
think it was a good idea.

I obviously thought it was a good idea then, because I am a sucker for
"unity" as a concept.

I am not so sure it was a good idea now, in retrospect. Although the
decline of CEDA might have taken place anyway and even be more obvious
now. We will never know.

It is quite possible that the topic merger I sponsored and campaigned
for was bad for CEDA.

What do others think?

Tuna

SCOTT SAID:

"You should know by know that the merger, which you were in charge of,
was NOT and is NOT good for CEDA. Just my opinion--but there is not a SINGLE
CEDA tournamnet within 9 hours of Lafayette Lousiana. before the merger, there
were five CEDA tournaments WITHIN the state of Louisiana. membership has
dropped and will continue to drop to the point where a claender will not be
necessary--because only 20 schools will be hostying tournamnets per year."

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics