[eDebate] Does a CEDA Debate Calender really exist? Reply to Patrice

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Wed Aug 29 12:52:24 CDT 2007

But you don't have to use it as an entry system.  You only need to post the
tournament there.  Click off "online entry" and just use it as a
clearinghouse to store your invite and receive sanctioning.

The issue on the table is creating a comprehensive calendar accessible to
the community.  The only way I can see to avoid confusion is to avoid a
system where Dave keeps one calendar that may or may not have some
tournaments and Bruschke's site (which 100% of us use at some point
throughout the year because almost all tournaments use it for entry) has
others.  If the goal is one calendar, I say put it in the one place we know
everyone has to access regularly.

If people don't want to use the site for tournament entry, they don't have
to and it is very easy to opt out of that.

Joe