[eDebate] Thanks to Andy/Towson

V I Keenan vikeenan
Mon Dec 3 14:22:03 CST 2007

Just wanted to thank Andy and the whole Towson squad for another opportunity
to encourage new debaters and programs with the BCD and the Mid-Atlantic
championships.

Besides a veritable miracle of the loaves and fishes - breakfast both days,
lunch both days, snacks and awards all at the bargain price of $15/team -
the BCD's truly set a standard for hospitality, community, and providing
opportunities to ALL debaters.

I particularly would like to thank Andy and everyone with teams in novice
for being so accommodating to my debater who would otherwise never have an
opportunity to participate in a college policy tournament due to religious
observances.  Both debaters had a great time, learned a lot, and left with
ridiculous enthusiasm about debate.  (Thanks also to Schatz for agreeing to
judge an extra debate to even out their rounds).

Congratulations to Bing (well-deserved), Mary Washington (nice to see the d7
"neighbors"), and Marist (the "feel-good" novice story we can tell for years
as encouragement).  Congrats to JHU on their continued success as a new
program and the really impressive performance from Richmond.  I look forward
to seeing everyone in January!

-VIK

--
Vik Keenan