[eDebate] Cal Tournament Updates

gregachten at berkeley.edu gregachten
Wed Dec 5 12:25:53 CST 2007

Greetings,

Just a couple of quick announcements about our tournament Jan 12-14, 2008.

First, people are starting to enter via the Bruschke system, which is
great. If you are planning on attending and have yet to enter, if you
would shoot me an email letting me know the approximate size of your
entry, it would be very helpful. I tentatively think we will have viable
novice and JV divisions.

Second, you should make hotel reservations now. Do not end up at the Motel
6 with Jom Hanson. You can make reservations now by calling the Marriott
directly at, 510.652.8777 and asking for the reservation desk and asking
for the Berkeley College Debate rate. The tournament rate is $104 which is
a great rate for a good property in the Bay Area. The hotel is also where
elimination rounds will be held.

Third, parking. Please let me know if you need a parking permit for the
tournament. The permits are $30. We will also have a limited number of
permits available on a first come, first served basis at registration, but
do not count on getting one of those.

Thanks for reading and see you in Berkeley soon,

Greg