[eDebate] KCKCC Offical Job Posting for Full Time Asst. Coach

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Dec 5 15:59:16 CST 2007

The Asst. Coach/Speech Instructor position for KCKCC is now officially
posted.    The posting is below.  Note the deadline to have materials in
is January 4th.  We expect to interview by mid to late January.  This
(in my opinion) is a great opportunity and I will be glad to answer any
questions about the position.

thanks,
chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA 1st VP

JOB OPPORTUNITY - FULL-TIME SPEECH INSTRUCTOR

KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages
applications from minorities.

Kansas City Kansas Community College is seeking an individual to teach
classes in Speech, Interpersonal Communication, and to assist in the
Debate and/or Forensics programs, beginning Fall, 2008.

FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Teaching courses in the speech discipline and Interpersonal
Communications.

2. Serving on division and college-wide committees.

3. Student advisement.

4. Maintaining scheduled office hours per the Master Contract.

5. Assisting the Director of Debate and Forensics with his/her duties.
(Reassigned time may be available for the duties of assistant coach.)

CONSULTING TASKS

1. Other duties as assigned.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily.  The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.

REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS

1. Demonstrated participation in integrated, interdisciplinary teaching
and learning initiatives is preferred.

2. Ability to integrate technology into the classroom is preferred.

3. A valid driver?s license and ability to drive college vehicles is
required.

4. Demonstrated success with coaching experience in debate and/or
forensics is preferred.

5. Teaching experience in an urban community college is preferred.

6. Background in higher education preferred.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE

1. Master?s degree in Communications with an emphasis in Speech is
required; Ph.D. in the field preferred.

2. Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from
diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds is required.

SALARY:  Commensurate with education and experience per the Master
Contract.

APPLY BY: January 4, 2008

Please submit a  cover letter and resume including information on duties
and achievements relevant to the position; a completed KCKCC Faculty
application, which may be completed and submitted through our website at
www.kckcc.edu; and a copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts to:

Human Resources Office

Kansas City Kansas Community College

7250 State Avenue