[eDebate] Lakeland tournament -- visit NY, recruit

Stefan Bauschard SBauschard
Thu Dec 13 16:18:10 CST 2007

Lakeland District Debate Tournament
February 29-March 1, 2008
Lakeland High School, Shrub Oak, NY

Entries:

Varsity Policy: 70 team Maximum. Varsity policy is a semi-finals TOC Bid. Standard mutual preference sheets will be available in this division.

There will be a separate breakout for JV teams competing in varsity policy.

Novice Policy:  Regular novice division.

Varsity LD: Standard strike sheets will be available in this division. There will be a separate breakout for JV teams competing in varsity L-D.

Novice LD: Regular novice division.

Varsity and Novice PF

A State Regionals will also be run on that Saturday.

Schedule: For both Policy, LD, and PF, all divisions

Friday, March 2: Registration 12:30-2pm
Round 1: 3pm (pairings at 2:15)
Round 2: 5:30pm
Round 3: 8 pm
Housing: 10 pm

*Housing will be made available to as many out of town guests as we can accommodate.  However, space is limited, so please place your requests as soon as possible.

Saturday, March 3

7am pairings, 8am round 4
11am, round 5
2 pm, round 6
5 pm, Octos
8pm ? quarters

Note: We will finish LD & PF on Saturday. We intend to finish JV &
novice policy on Saturday as well.

Sunday, March 4
Semifinals & Finals in varsity policy

Available Hotels:

Peekskill Inn -- http://www.peekskillinn.com/ Best value for location/price

Town Lyne -- Town Lyne Motel, Crompond Road, (914) 737-8202. Very close
and cheap ($65), but not the nicest place

Airports:

The closest airport is Newburgh, but Laguardia, JFK, and Newark are
within driving distance (1:15-2 hours (Newark).

Fees:

$40 school
$80/varsity policy team, $60/jv & novice teams
$40/ LDr.

State Regionals Fees:

Fees for state regionals participants will be determined by January
15th. The fees will be kept to a minimum ? only what is necessary to
provide your food and to cover any basic costs associated with this
tournament.

Fees include buffet-style dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday

Topics:

Policy ? 2007-2008 Resolution

Lincoln-Dougals ? January/February

Public Forum ? February

Hired judging:

$150/3 rounds of needed commitment

If not hiring, you must supply:
1 judge for every 2 policy teams
1 judge for every 3 LDrs
1 judge for every 2 PF participants

Note: You must indicate the judging that you are providing by February
15, 2008. If you have not entered your judges, we will assume that you
need to hire judges and we will go about hiring the necessary number of
debates. If you then decide to provide your own judging, you must still
pay the hired judge fee. There is no way for us to otherwise run the
tournament.

Registration: Available online on January 5, 2008 through Joy of Tournaments

*Coach-Student RR*

There has been some interest in a coach-student RR to be held in NYC on
February 27th & 28th. Those interested so far include Bronx, Carrolton,
Cathedral Prep, & Lakeland. If you are interested, let us know by
contacting Stefan Bauschard at Stefan.bauschard at gmail dot com. A final decision on this will be made by January 18. Will Roy, ?I?ve researched to the end of the internet,? take the plunge?