[eDebate] Announcements & Reminders for Val Attendees

Veronica Guevara veronica_m_barreto
Mon Dec 31 18:54:04 CST 2007

Hi all,

First, make sure you have made your reservations with the Hampton. I spoke with our contacts at the Hampton today and there are very few rooms reserved.  The reservation code is: VBR. If you should have any problems making your reservations, just let me know.  The block close date was December 21st, but since so many have not made reservations, they are holding the rooms but we need you to make those reservations ASAP. Sundance makes this a very busy time of year around these parts so you?ll want to make sure you reserve the rooms in the block.

Shuttle Information:  The round robin prides itself on creating a very convenient set up to help defray costs.  If you are flying in, we would be happy to arrange transportation to and from the airport.  If you are interested in scheduling a shuttle, please email me at veronica_m_barreto at hotmail.com  -- let me know your full itinerary, the number of people in your party and your number of boxes.

Cell Phone:  If you need to get in touch with us during your travels or for any reason. Omar is available at (801) 668-6910 and my cell phone is (305) 469-6513.

As usual, the area is abuzz with Sundance Film Festival mania.  There is a gorgeous historic Sundance venue steps away from the hotel.  There are two showings on each night to see the schedule, scroll down to the Ogden?s Egyptian Peery Theater venue for titles, times and synopses of the films being shown on this page:

http://www.sundance.org/festival/film_events/calendar.asp?caldate=01/18/2008&tab=slcActive

For those who are looking to get some skiing in, we?re having a phenomenal ski season.  Powder Mountain is closest to Ogden and is the most affordable of the local resorts, but I also have access to discount all day adult passes to Snowbasin for $51 through my bank.  The passes have no blackout dates and they can be used from now until the end of the ski season.  If you prefer hitting the slopes at Snowbasin, let me know through the email or cell phone listed above.

If you were here last year, you saw lots of construction going on across the street.  That construction is now the Salomon Center.  It features a new movie megaplex, indoor skydiving, indoor surfing, indoor rock climbing, a couple of places to eat and Fat Cats (arcade, mini golf, bowling, bumper cars, and billiards).  As always, Ogden features a ton of dining options one block over on Historic 25th street.  The dining guide at registration will let you know what restaurants serve, how to find them, and their days and hours of operation.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do as you finalize your plans for the Val.  We're looking forward to seeing you all in Ogden soon.

Veronica M. Guevara

Weber State University
Department of Communications
1605 University Circle