[eDebate] Eligibility Exception for Spring 2008

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Sun Dec 9 14:27:52 CST 2007

No knowledge at all about the substance of this, but kudos to President Patrice and the EC for the transparency (even posting the roll call vote!).
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe Patrice<mailto:joepatrice at gmail.com>
  To: edebate at ndtceda.com<mailto:edebate at ndtceda.com>
  Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:11 AM
  Subject: [eDebate] Eligibility Exception for Spring 2008

  This post announces an action taken by the Executive Committee at the
  NCA meeting.  For the Spring term and for CEDA Nats, we are making a
  temporary waiver to our eligibility rules.  For Spring 2008 and 2008
  CEDA Nats only:

  1) If a student has received their bachelor's degree in Fall 2007; and
  2) If the student received that degree in less than 4 years of
  academic study; and
  3) If the student remains otherwise eligible (e.g . the school can
  verify that the student is enrolled in good standing, etc.)

  that student will be eligible to accumulate CEDA points and attend
  CEDA Nationals.

  This action was deemed an exigent circumstance because the Committee
  anticipates putting an amendment forward on this issue this year and
  determined that any student in this situation this year should not be
  denied the right to compete while legislation is put forward for the
  entire community to decide.

  If a student meets the requirements for this limited waiver, please
  let me know by January 1, 2008.

  The EC vote was as follows:

  Yes
  Patrice - President
  Eliott - 1st VP
  Stables - 2nd VP
  Steinberg - 1st Former President
  Sandoz - Most recent available Former President
  Dillard - SEC
  Rubino - NE
  Galloway - Proxy for Silber SE
  Buescher - NW