[eDebate] Wiley defeated USC not Harvard

Josh jbhdb8
Tue Dec 18 19:00:17 CST 2007

Who knew Art was the mouthpiece for the whole activity. People are maybe
quitting because one person thinks Harvard couldnt have lost to USC in the
30s? I mean to cause responses like these:

:"Wow.  I've come back to debate after a 15 year absence and comments like
this make me want to leave again."

"Wow...now I understand why people think this activity is elitist.  Of
course Louisville and OU could never compete with such ivy league greatness.
 I don't know why we don't just phone in our NDT votes for these three
schools and save the cash it costs to attend. "

I could be wrong, and often am, but I think Art was trying to say that
Harvard wouldnt have been hostile to the cause at the time in the same way
USC was?  Maybe not...I dunno...I do suspect, however, that Art doesnt speak
for all DOD's or participants....even circa 1935.

Josh