[eDebate] Reply to: Invitation to Critical Reflection

Ede Warner ewarner
Thu Dec 20 23:37:35 CST 2007

Dear Joseph,

The UofL MPOWER treatise was a complete policy document, including a
harm, a specific plan, and solvency.  Your note seems to be a kritik at
best.  In fact, it is one that I fail to understand.  I will concede you
are smarter than I.  But I will gladly engage in policy debate.  I will
not engage your criticism absent a policy alternative or clear policy
defense of the status quo.  It's apples and oranges, and I can't
understand the point of comparison.  Please provide evidence for claims
that we spoke for anyone other than ourselves.  Making arguments about
someone is not speaking for them.  More evidence that your kritik and
our policy don't mix.  Especially if it allows you to mischaracterize
our arguments.  Thanks,

Doc

From: "Joseph William Kelly" <kellyjo5 at msu.edu>
To:<edebate at www.ndtceda.com>
Date: 12/20/2007 9:45 PM
Subject: [eDebate] Reply to: Invitation to Critical Reflection
To: doc, et. al.
From: joseph william kelly, bs degree, expected may 2008
Date: 20 december 2007
Subject: diseMPOWERment

        ever since the 2000 michigan classic, I have
        ignored your ``project.??

        apparently you have created quite a following,
        and determined it necessary to speak for,
        and in place of, several groups (enclosed),
        thereby homogenizing their voices for your
        own ends.

        i would write a fancy script to debate you, but
        i'd rather stand in solidarity with the writers
        guild.

        thank you.

<page break>

        enclosure

            CEDA
            NDT
            AFA
            ADA
            NEDA
            NPDA
            NFA
            IDEA
            IOA
            DSR-TKO
            Phi Rho Pi
            the Great Western Forum
            Lincoln-Douglas
            UDL's
            the Barbara Jordan league
            the NFL
            Parliamentary Debate
            the multi-tude of world debate organizations
            every other past and present debate organization
            the liberation front of michigan (MI,lf)
            et. al.