[eDebate] Northwestern Tourney Update #5

Danielle Wiese danielle.wiese
Fri Feb 9 20:55:46 CST 2007

*Parking/Driving to from **DePaul** University**:*

* *

If you are driving your own car to/from the University, please *certain* to
tell the parking attendant when you leave, that you will be returning to the
garage.  They should hold a spot for you so that you may have in-out
privileges throughout the tournament.

*Instructions for Judges/Coaches:*

* *

Most debates on Saturday will occur on the DePaul campus.  A handful of
debates will occur in the hotel.  On Sunday, all debates will be at DePaul.
We have done our best to limit movement between campus and the hotel on
Saturday.  Please see the main ballot table in the Schmidtt Academic
Centerif you need transportation between debates. We are excited to
host so many
people in Chicago this weekend.  *Please help us by moving quickly between
debates so that we can maintain a reasonable schedule on Saturday*.

*Instructions for Evidence Storage/Moving-*

Please note, the instructions are complex, however: in order to facilitate
evidence movement, we ask for your careful attention to the following
details.

* *

*Pairings for the first 4 debates are pre-set.  Pairings will be available
approx. 4:30pm on Friday.  Debates on Saturday:  Most are on the DePaul
Campus.  A handful of debates will occur in the Hotel.  Please see the
pairing to determine which instructions apply to you.  *

* *

*All Debates on Sunday will occur on the DePaul Campus*

* *

*Friday:*

Ontario Room?1st floor of the hotel.  This is our storage space for Friday
night.  The room is located to the left of the front desk, behind the sports
bar.

If you are *debating in the hotel on Saturday:*

Most of the debates on Saturday will be on the first floor and ground floor
of the hotel.  The elevators will be *extremely busy* on Saturday morning.  We
*strongly encourage you* to take your evidence to the Ontario room on Friday
night.  Please store your evidence (*clearly labeled with school and team
name*) in the area marked *Hotel debates.  *Please bring evidence to the
room by midnight.  You will be able to get your evidence in the morning.

When debates are completed on Saturday, you may store your evidence in the
Ontario Room. If you would like us to move your evidence to campus on
Saturday night, please store your evidence in the area labeled "*Debates on
Campus?Evidence Service."  *Please have your evidence in this area by 9:30
pm on Saturday.  You will be able to pick up your evidence on campus on
Sunday.

There is *no evidence storage space *on the buses that we will take from the
hotel to the campus on Sunday morning.  Please plan accordingly.  There will
be limited evidence shuttles on Sunday morning.

If you would like to move your own evidence to campus on Sunday, we *strongly
encourage you *to put your boxes *in your cars *on Saturday night.  There is
no overnight evidence storage in the hotel, and the elevators will be
*extremely
busy *on Sunday morning.

If you are *debating on campus on Saturday:*

Most of the debates will take place in the Schmidtt Academic Center.
Information
for drop off/parking is available elsewhere in this packet.  99% of the
rooms we are using on campus on Saturday will be open to you on Friday
evening, from 5-9pm.  *We strongly encourage you* to take this opportunity
to move your tubs to debate site and get to know the DePaul university
campus.

If you would like us to move your evidence:  please take your evidence to
the ONTARIO ROOM on the first floor of the hotel by *10:15 pm
tonight*.  *Please
be certain that all boxes are clearly labeled with team name and initials.
*Please store your evidence in the area labeled "*Debates on Campus?Evidence
Service."  *Your evidence will be available for pick up on Saturday morning
in the Academic Bldg. Room 302-303. **

There is *no evidence storage space *on the buses that we will take from the
hotel to the campus on Sunday morning.  Please plan accordingly.

There will be limited evidence shuttles in the morning.

If you would like to move your own evidence, on Saturday morning, *we
strongly encourage you to store your evidence in the Ontario Room, or in
your vehicle, on Friday night. *The elevators will be *extremely busy *on
Saturday morning.  Please store your evidence in the *Ontario Room *on the
first floor of the hotel, by midnight on Friday.

*Returning From DePaul to the Hotel on Sunday*

If you are traveling on the tournament shuttle bus, please bring your
evidence to the 1st floor gathering area in the Schmidtt Academic Center at
the conclusion of your debate.  Your evidence will be transported to the
Hotel and will be stored for your pick up in the *Ontario Room*.  If you
anticipate debating in the morning, please let us know so that we can store
your evidence in an accessible area in the Ontario room.

If you are transporting your own evidence back to the hotel, you may use the
Ontario Room for storage.  Please respect the signs in the area: if
you *anticipate
debating *please store your evidence in the area labeled "*Debating on
Monday," *otherwise, please store your evidence in the space labeled "*EVIDENCE
STORAGE"***