[eDebate] Job Anouncement: Brooklyn Debate Resource Center

Claire McKinney clairecmckinney
Wed Feb 14 15:15:16 CST 2007

Hey all,

Below is a job anouncement for the Prgram Director of the Brooklyn Debate
Resource Center. This is basically the hub for working with students of the
New York Urban Debate League. It's been my job for the past two years, so if
you want more specific information, please feel free to email me.

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

BROOKLYN DEBATE COORDINATOR
SESAME FLYERS INTERNATIONAL, INC.

Sesame Flyers seeks a motivated, detail-oriented and creative professional
to work with young men and women from the debate teams of Brooklyn high
schools along with their teachers as part of the SF Brooklyn Debate Resource
Center, supported by a grant from the New York City Department of Youth and
Child Development?s Out of School Time Program with technical assistance
from the IMPACT Coalition.  The Debate Coordinator will have primary
responsibility for our after-school debate center, including outreach to
teachers and daily supervision of students.   Other duties include
assistance with college counseling plus maintaining and creating
relationships with Brooklyn high schools in partnership with the IMPACT
Coalition.

Candidates should possess a genuine desire to work with the Brooklyn
community, a firm grasp of policy debate skills, excellent written and
verbal communication skills, and a commitment to high school youth.  A
Bachelors degree is required.   Teaching experience is preferred. Computer
literacy is strongly preferred.

This position is full-time and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits.

If you are interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Claire
McKinney at clairecmckinney at hotmail.com  and Will Baker at
impactcoalition at cs.com. You can, in addition, send your resume and cover
letter to Curtis Nelson, Executive Director, Sesame Flyers at:
Sesame Flyers International, Inc.
3510 Church Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Fax: (718) 693-2007