[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Topic Process Reminder - 10 days until area/controversypaper deadline

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Tue Feb 20 15:17:03 CST 2007

I encourage people to comment and be involved in this process.

I also want to take this opportunity to reiterate my support for changing
the process of selecting topics to:

1. have topic areas/analysis handled immediately after the ndt when people
are ready to start really thinking about the next year's topics.

2. have resolutions included in the topic areas when we do our first vote.
topic areas are just too broad and a good topic area can be ruined by the
resolutions that are actually chosen.

respectfully

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Stables" <stables at usc.edu>
To: "ceda-l" <ceda-l at ndtceda.com>; "edebate" <edebate at ndtceda.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:40 PM
Subject: [CEDA-L] Topic Process Reminder - 10 days until
area/controversypaper deadline

Greetings all. This is very busy time of year for everyone, but there is
still enough time to organize and submit work for a paper that can help
craft next year's topic. The deadline for submissions is March 1. Paper
on any subject is welcome and there are guidelines available to help
organize your work.

http://www.cedatopic.com/   Has the list of areas currently under
development, the guidelines for paper submission and the topic blog,
where you can leave comments about potential topics.

Gordon Stables

Chair - CEDA Topic Selection Committee

--

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.

Director of Debate

Annenberg School for Communication

University of Southern California

Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913

http://usctrojandebate.com
 <http://usctrojandebate.com>